The publishing panel in the editor
The publish panel in the chart editor has options for saving, publishing or downloading your project. The panel is always visible when viewing the chart in the editor.
Tip: Selecting a project on the project homepage opens the editor view.
In this article:
- Saving a chart
- Publishing a chart
- Updating a published chart
- Share your chart
- Password protect a chart
- Share to everviz inspired
- Download a chart
Saving a chart
The Save button is enabled whenever a previously saved or published project is edited. Clicking Republish or Publish will also save a project.
To save a project:
- Click the Save button
Saving a chart will not update it wherever it is published. To update a published chart click Republish. The change will take effect in the published chart when you clear your cache.
Publishing a chart
Publishing a chart involves copying chart embed codes and pasting them in your CMS or other publishing point. The embed codes are generated after clicking Publish. They are unique to each chart.
- Script (Recommended) makes the chart part of your page allowing it to be styled by you, and scales to automatically to fit screen size
- iframe includes the chart in your page through a window that has fixed height. Advisable only if your CMS does not support scripts.
- Embed links to the visualization only, covering the full page. Used when embedding toPowerPoint, or platforms such as Medium.
Unpublish a chart
Unpublishing a chart returns it to the saved state. Unpublishing a chart means it will not longer be visible wherever it is published.
- Expand the publishing menu
- Click Unpublish
- A warning appears asking you to confirm your choice. Click 'Yes, unpublish project'
Update a published chart
The status of a published chart changes to Republish if the chart is edited. Click Republish to apply new edits to published charts.
To republish a chart:
- Edit the project and click Republish
Note: When republishing a chart, the embed code you originally entered into your platform changes. It is not necessary to manually replace the old code with the new code. Your browser will eventually pick up the new code. In the meantime the old embed code will be stored in your browser's cache.
To publish the new version of your chart immediately:
- Copy the new embed code into your publishing point
More details explained here, with a caveat related to layouts.
Share your chart
Saving or publishing a project exposes the Share link field with a URL to share your chart.
Share this link with colleagues or others to gather feedback. The share link always references the latest draft or your chart, and is visible to anyone with the URL, regardless of whether the project is published or not.
Password protect a chart
Password protect a project to safeguard sensitive information.
To make your project private:
- Check Add password on share/embed
- Enter a password
- Click Republish to apply the password
Share to everviz inspired
We highly appreciate when customers want to inspire others with their amazing work.
Download a chart
Download allows you to download the chart in different formats to your browser's download folder.
Charts can be downloaded in the following formats:
To download a chart:
- Click the menus to access the list of available formats
- Click the download icon
Note: When publishing as SVG, JSON, HTML, custom fonts uploaded by you are not available.