Introduction to chart customization
All aspects of everviz charts can be customized.
Chart customization tips are organized by chart component. Each component is labeled with a number here.
The numbered list below corresponds to the number in the screenshot and contains links to view the tips.
Tip: We are constantly adding new customization tips to these pages. Post on the everviz forum if you cannot find a workflow.
- Chart plot area - the area where the chart is plotted
- Tooltip - the box that appears when hovering over a point in the series
- Axes - the lines that are used to measure the data. Charts normally have an x and y axis.
- Series - the set of data plotted on a chart.
- Legend - a small area within a chart that displays the series in the chart.
- Data labels - the text elemetns that describe individual data points.
- Chart text - all the text in a chart, including the title, subtitle, chart caption etc.